Gyft.com is looking for a lead UX Designer to join our team.
Gyft is a fast-paced startup, on the cutting edge of the $100bn gift card market. Our digital gift card platform enables customers to manage their gift cards. Users can upload, send and redeem gift cards from their mobile phones. Gyft has a powerful backnd system that integrates with POS for hundreds (anda soon thousands) of merchants.. Gyft is seamlessly integrated with Facebook to make sending gift cards convenient and fun!
For retailers, Gyft creates a meaningful new revenue channel and can help drive redemption. By using Gyft’s solution, merchants can drive customer acquisition, increase shopper interaction, and drive social engagement.
Gyft has raised a $5m Series A round of finance and is backed by top tier investors, including Google Ventures, Karlin Ventures and Ashton Kutcher's A-Grade Investments.
Benefits of working at Gyft!
- Friendly, fun crew, focused on building a great startup.
- Share options for all employees. Share in the benefits of the future growth of Gyft.
- Free lunches! Who said there was no such thing as a free lunch?
Within your role you would:
- Create stunning, simple and meaningful end-to-end user experiences for new and existing web, iOS and Android products.
- Own the product design process from concept through wireframing, high-definition mockups and prototypes (e.g describing app animations and transitions).
- Provide sliced assets at appropriate sizes to developers for iOS and Android apps and the web.
- Responsible for bringing consistency to a range of existing products that currently have varied visual styles. Unite the brand!
- Work with a small engineering and marketing team and report directly to the CEO.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent portfolio showcasing web as well as mobile app design experience.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to visualize new ideas and concepts and communicate effectively the rationale behind your user-centric designs.
- Ability to work as a self-starter solo designer with engineers through the product development process, ensuring that designs are properly implemented and to maximize usability and performance.
- Great attention to detail.
- Inherent empathy for users and the ability to grasp how the various Gyft platforms and products interact with users and technically with each other.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast- paced environment.
It would be advantageous if you had experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in usability testing online and in the field would be a great benefit.
- Experience in designing for both business-to-consumer and business-to-business.
Please include your resume and a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.